About McClaren, Wilson & Lawrie, Inc.
McClaren, Wilson & Lawrie, Inc. is North America’s recognized leader in the planning and design of sustainable architecture for public safety and the forensic sciences. It is the firm to be hired from the start, with specialization in assessing needs, defining the project, establishing practical budgets, and site selection. This collective synergy contributes to MWL’s continuing expansion and diversification. Alongside core strengths in the planning of first responder facilities and architecture for the forensic sciences, MWL has grown to offer unparalleled expertise in the planning of public health and bio-safety laboratories, municipal courts and city halls.
Governmental, Institutional & Scientific Clients Exclusively
MWL provides an extensive range of pre-design services, in addition to traditional design services. Its distinct scope of technical consulting services includes master planning, space needs assessments, centralization and decentralization analysis, and site feasibility studies. Frequently the firm is retained to serve as the owner’s technical advisor, cultivating the opportunity to assist in all facets of a project, including the selection of the local professionals to join the team and assist with the design implementation.
The firm’s thriving legacy includes facilities for federal, state, county, municipal, and academic clients internationally. MWL consistently delivers practical and award winning, as well as cherished solutions. Whether it be a new building, a renovated building, or a completely repurposed structure, projects of every size are featured in an ever expanding portfolio. Clientele is formed almost 100% from referrals and repeat patronage.
Right… From the Start
From the start, MWL is the premier choice for creative and innovative planning and design of public safety or forensic facilities. At the onset, size, location and budget are determined, as this initial programming is vital to the design process. After embedding a solid foundation, MWL follows with accuracy, precision and reliability throughout the design process. During nearly two decades of service, MWL has nurtured a tradition of practical, durable and timeless architecture.
Defining the Leading Edge
McClaren, Wilson & Lawrie, Inc…
- perpetually raising the bar and redefining expectations for public safety facilities
- pioneered bio-safety design for forensic science and public health laboratories
- planned the two largest forensic sciences laboratories in the world
- sole firm with principals serving continuously for two decades on the adjunct faculty of the IACP
- incomparably recognized for the design of public health laboratories and medical examiner facilities utilizing high containment levels of bio-safety
- dedicated to addressing constantly changing technologies and always evolving operational models